- Tours operate within Portland Harbor, no more than 1,000 feet from shore with multiple quick exit routes available.
- Weather monitoring is constant, beginning in daily morning briefings, before each tour departs, and before water entry, using interactive Doppler radar, NWS, local wind forecasts, and via constant observation and communication with our USCG-licensed Masters Captains and waterfront personnel.
- If wind or bad weather is predicted or observed, we cancel or eliminate the water portion.
- Our Masters credentialed Captains are instructed to err on the side of caution and advise passengers to put on life preservers if circumstances are out of the norm.
Our modern amphibious vessel is equipped with:
- A watertight closed-deck hull, designed to prevent sinking.
- Quick-release safety windows; keeping passengers dry in the case of rain, a USCG approved design allows velcro windows to be easily pushed away, providing immediate exit routes for all passengers.
- USCG-approved life preservers exceeding the maximum possible number of passengers and crew members onboard.
- Water-detection bilge alarm and multiple bilge pumps that would automatically empty the hull of any water.
- USCG and DOT approved and inspected fire detection and suppression systems.
Training & Inspections
- Our vehicle and operation is federally inspected annually and regulated under the USCG and DOT
- Operations crews perform safety drills at least every 90 days, practicing procedures for window release, man overboard, and abandon ship scenarios.
- Our general manager and safety officer regularly perform routine safety inspections and discussions with USCG official to ensure training and procedures align with their latest safety requirements and recommendations.
- All Maine Duck Tours USCG-licensed captains hold at minimum a 25-ton Masters Near Coastal credential, have completed at least 720 days of documented sea time, and possess DOT Class B license with passenger endorsement.
Advance Purchase Strongly Recommended!
Tours often sell out in advance!
Check availability and buy tickets online:
Click here to call (207) 774-3825 (207) 774-3825 Click here to email [email protected] [email protected]
Click here to view location 177 Commercial St, Portland, ME 04101
177 Commercial St, Portland, ME 04101